Friday, March 23, 2012

Made Especially For You Challenge: Distressed Ink



Our sponsor this week is (My Craft Spot) with this wonderful
set of Friends and Neighbors stamps. Sure wish I could enter to win
this for myself.

So, onto my card. I am very timid when it comes to destressing anything on my cards
and this time is no different. I used a VERY light inking along the sides of my card, which I will
admit doesn't even really show up, but trust me it is there.

This card is so out of my norm, but I think she turned out great. The back ground is
a light floral which had dragon flies on it which you can't see, but I loved the faded look
of this paper. It had just enough lavendar in it to make my little gal pop.

I used my victorian sizzix frame which I just love on this card. My little gal is
lightly water colored then cut out. This something new that I am trying, so I still
have some techniques to  work on, but I think she turned out pretty well.

For the flower I used my Anemone Flower Topper in two different colors, and for
the center I used a white paper flower. The leaves around the flower is from my
leaf die.

I used my circle cutter to cut our some pre-stamped sentiments that I had done along while back.For the
framing of the sentiment I just cut a little larger circle in the lavendar, then placed a few more leaves around it.

For the inside I framed a piece of white journaling paper with the same lavendar from the front
 and placed another leaf at the bottom. I am really super pleased with this card.

5 comments:

  1. Pam!

    I LOVE the colors on this card!!! Super great job on it!!! That little girl is just perfect!!!

    What is that flower topper you used? Its VERY pretty!!!!

    Craty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job! Super coloring...you are an official digi/stamp user ;0)

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable card! Love all your detail work and coloring!!
    jordanbev5 at yahoo.com
    www.beverlyjordan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Pam : ) I think you did a great job on your digi image..I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the use of die-cuts, Jx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love.

I design for